Small Business Saturday Blog
Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2022?
Tuesday, May 31 at 23:30
In the current economic climate, there’s never been a better time to make the most of the support, networking and promotional opportunities that being a SmallBiz100 provides. Applications for SmallBiz100 2022 have now opened, and if you've been wondering whether it's for you, read on to find out more.
First things first – what is the SmallBiz100?
In a nutshell, Small Business Saturday chooses 100 brilliant small businesses and promotes one every day in the run up to Small Business Saturday, which this year will take place on Saturday, 3rd December.
It’s a great opportunity to showcase your small business and raise awareness both locally and nationally. On your allocated day, your business will be promoted across Small Business Saturday’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, making it a fantastic way to make a big impact.
Outside of your allocated day, there are plenty of PR opportunities within the media. Local press love to get involved and feature local businesses which have been selected to join SmallBiz100, and Small Business Saturday will support you all the way by preparing press releases for your local papers. It doesn’t end after your day is over either – the campaign is always thrilled to share good news from former SmallBiz100 businesses.
Why apply to take part?
When speaking to previous SmallBiz100 participants, the one benefit which comes up time and time again is the support network which it provides. Running your own small business can be lonely at times, and it can be hard to know where to turn for help and advice from those who really know what you’re experiencing.
Taking part in SmallBiz100 provides you with a fantastic community and a ready-made support network of small businesses just like yours, all at different stages of growth. You’ll get access to a private alumni Facebook group for sharing tips, asking for advice, providing support and celebrating your success. There are also plenty of opportunities to collaborate with other small businesses who have been there and done that sharing their experiences.
What information do I need to provide?
We want you to tell us the story of your small business: what makes it tick? How does it fit in to your local community? What makes it special?
This year we’re asking you to make a short video so that we can find out more for your business and get a good feel for it – anything up to two minutes would be great and it doesn’t need to be a fancy production.
We also want to know what are you doing to make your small business more sustainable. If you haven’t started this journey yet then don’t worry: Small Business Planet can provide plenty of advice and support.
Not sure it’s for you?
Even if you feel that your business is not yet ready for SmallBiz100, or you’re not selected as part of the 100, there are still numerous benefits to getting involved.
Simply registering with Small Business Saturday can improve your business’s visibility, making you searchable via the business finder on the Small Business Saturday website, which is regularly promoted across social media. It’s also a great place to promote special offers, and to pick up tips and advice from other small businesses.
How do I apply?
Applying to take part in SmallBiz100 2022 is quick and easy – just click here to register and start your journey. Already registered? Click here to apply to SmallBiz100. Don’t forget, it’s all completely FREE!
We can’t wait to present the SmallBiz100 2022! Make 2022 the year that you take your small business to the next level and take part in something amazing: apply now for SmallBiz100 2022.
- Rock on in Southend on Sea3 Days Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Purrfect Cat Gifts5 Days Ago
- One love, one heart on Ipswich’s high street11 Days Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Hampers by Lauren12 Days Ago
- Good graces in Bristol and Bath2 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Top Dog2 Weeks Ago
- Weigh to go in Northwich3 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Handpicked Penrith3 Weeks Ago
- Holy cow in Westmorland4 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: The game is afoot4 Weeks Ago
- All fired up and ready to go in Gerrards Cross5 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Meteorite Man5 Weeks Ago
- Dorset's Ice Cream Appreciation Society6 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success Story with eBay: Giddy Goats Toys7 Weeks Ago
- SmallBiz100 celebrated at the Blue Tie Event7 Weeks Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2022?6 Months Ago
- From field to fork – making the most of Cheshire’s local produce11 Months Ago
- Sustainable living with BLANC12 Months Ago
- Pizza power12 Months Ago
- In the good books12 Months Ago
- From babygrows to beer kits12 Months Ago
- Smile and say cheese13 Months Ago
- The perfect planner for when you didn’t plan for this14 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2021?17 Months Ago
- Feeling lighter than air at The Float Spa23 Months Ago
- At the cutting edge of local community23 Months Ago
- Sewing the seeds of success in Scotland23 Months Ago
- Joco's leap of faith pays off23 Months Ago
- No messing around! How Tom Foolery Coffee Company pivoted during the pandemic23 Months Ago
- How Mandira’s Kitchen has its eye on spicing up your freezer23 Months Ago
- Wild about keeping it local and healthy in Bristol2 Years Ago
- Award winning small business announced at Blue Tie celebration2 Years Ago
- Free leadership training for SME leaders delivered by leading Business Schools2 Years Ago
- Six things you can do in your business right now2 Years Ago
- How can my employees return to work safely and legally after Covid-19?2 Years Ago
- What is it really like being a #SmallBiz100? – Stamptastic spill the beans2 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2020?2 Years Ago
- Why embracing technology should be your New Year resolution2 Years Ago
- Starting a new business: financial tips for start ups3 Years Ago
- Top 10 security tips for small businesses storing personal data3 Years Ago
- From architect to artisan at the Dumfries Larder3 Years Ago
- Putting down new Roots in Abergele3 Years Ago
- How Amazon is helping one woman tackle taboos and period poverty3 Years Ago
- Creating a community: What it means to be a small business3 Years Ago
- Building an enabling bridge, brick by brick3 Years Ago
- Get ready to rock with Rockit3 Years Ago
- How to create an event for Small Business Saturday UK3 Years Ago
- Jampacked with passion: the local cinema that’s giving back3 Years Ago
- Celebrating the North East’s cycle stars3 Years Ago
- Don’t know what to write about? 9 ideas for your next business newsletter, blog or social media post3 Years Ago
- Take a butcher’s at the first of the #SmallBiz100 20193 Years Ago
- 7 essential growth tips that small businesses need to know3 Years Ago
- Making a great first impression: photography & small business3 Years Ago
- Strength in numbers3 Years Ago
- How to choose the right pricing strategy for your business3 Years Ago
- How taking matters into her own hands led to huge success for Revival Retro3 Years Ago
- 5 content ideas every small business needs3 Years Ago
- The Flour Pot Bakery's secret to success3 Years Ago
- How to harness the power of Instagram and drive your business forward - the GB Labels way3 Years Ago
- Making Tax Digital is here! What does it mean for your business?3 Years Ago
- How we should champion success for International Women's Day3 Years Ago
- Step aside Mystery Shopper scheme - hello new Public Procurement Review Service!3 Years Ago
- The top three causes of entrepreneur burnout and how to avoid it3 Years Ago
- Get a great digital ad for your business for just £50, and help tomorrow’s entrepreneurs learn with iDEA!3 Years Ago
- Badge Your Brilliance with iDEA3 Years Ago
- How to make your Christmas the most successful yet!4 Years Ago
- Life in the fast Laine4 Years Ago
- Small businesses shine at launch of Silver iDEA Award St James's Palace4 Years Ago
- Local and sustainable is winning formula for SmallBiz100 Hays Hampers4 Years Ago
- Red Herring Games – Case Study4 Years Ago
- Keeping Up With The Tylers: How To Move With The Times4 Years Ago
- Making our own kind of music at the Blue Tie Ball4 Years Ago
- How to guest blog (and look like you know what you’re doing)4 Years Ago
- How to market your small business on a budget4 Years Ago
- Top summer marketing tips!4 Years Ago
- Purposely: embedding purpose into the heart of your small business4 Years Ago
- A ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ for Britain’s small businesses4 Years Ago
- Five ways to make your business successful in five years!4 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Mooch revive the local high street4 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a SmallBiz100 2018?4 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Julu on design, manufacturing, and building an online business with friends4 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series From Rich Brady ... Setting Business Goals4 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Techsixtyfour on how to successfully build an online business4 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Frequently Asked Questions4 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series from Rich Brady...Putting the Family into Family Business4 Years Ago
- Exporting - not just for the big!4 Years Ago
- Can Giving Really Be Good for a Small Business? Spoiler: Yes!4 Years Ago
- Let's get organised....4 Years Ago
- Is your business leaking money?4 Years Ago
- Podcasting - The Ultimate How-To Guide - Part 24 Years Ago
- Setting BIG goals – why do it and how to go about it4 Years Ago
- International Women's Day 20184 Years Ago
- 9 tips for Business Success - it's all about love.4 Years Ago
- Demystifying LinkedIn for Small Businesses4 Years Ago
- 10 Top Money Tips for Small Businesses4 Years Ago
- Organising a Small Business Event - Tips from the Experts4 Years Ago
- 12 Top Tips for Micro-businesses4 Years Ago
- ACCA on board the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour5 Years Ago
- Is Britain Becoming a Cashless Society?5 Years Ago
- Small Business Spotlight - How Technology Can Help Small Businesses5 Years Ago
- Taking Your Business Beyond the High Street5 Years Ago
- 5 Ideas to Improve your Time Management5 Years Ago
- The Small Business Saturday Bus Tour launches across the UK for its fifth year!5 Years Ago
- Making the most of Small Business Saturday6 Years Ago
- Why I applied to Small Biz 100: Crafty Revolution tells all7 Years Ago