Small Business Saturday Blog
Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2023?
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 21:30Smallbiz100
In the current economic climate, there’s never been a better time to make the most of the support, networking and promotional opportunities that being a SmallBiz100 provides. Applications for SmallBiz100 2023 have now opened, and if you've been wondering whether it's for you, read on to find out more.
First things first – what is the SmallBiz100?
In a nutshell, Small Business Saturday chooses 100 brilliant small businesses and promotes one every day in the run up to Small Business Saturday, which this year will take place on Saturday, 2nd December.
It’s a great opportunity to showcase your small business and raise awareness both locally and nationally. On your allocated day, your business will be promoted across Small Business Saturday’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, making it a fantastic way to make a big impact.
Outside of your allocated day, there are plenty of PR opportunities within the media. Local press love to get involved and feature local businesses which have been selected to join SmallBiz100, and Small Business Saturday will support you all the way by preparing press releases for your local papers. It doesn’t end after your day is over either – the campaign is always thrilled to share good news from former SmallBiz100 businesses.
Why apply to take part?
When speaking to previous SmallBiz100 participants, the one benefit which comes up time and time again is the support network which it provides. Running your own small business can be lonely at times, and it can be hard to know where to turn for help and advice from those who really know what you’re experiencing.
Taking part in SmallBiz100 provides you with a fantastic community and a ready-made support network of small businesses just like yours, all at different stages of growth. You’ll get access to a private alumni Facebook group for sharing tips, asking for advice, providing support and celebrating your success. There are also plenty of opportunities to collaborate with other small businesses who have been there and done that sharing their experiences.
What information do I need to provide?
We want you to tell us the story of your small business: what makes it tick? How does it fit in to your local community? What makes it special?
As per previous years, we’re also asking you to make a short video so that we can find out more for your business and get a good feel for it – anything up to two minutes would be great and it doesn’t need to be a fancy production.
Not sure it’s for you?
Even if you feel that your business is not yet ready for SmallBiz100, or you’re not selected as part of the 100, there are still numerous benefits to getting involved.
Simply registering with Small Business Saturday can improve your business’s visibility, making you searchable via the business finder on the Small Business Saturday website, which is regularly promoted across social media. It’s also a great place to promote special offers, and to pick up tips and advice from other small businesses.
How do I apply?
Applying to take part in SmallBiz100 2023 is quick and easy – just click here to register and start your journey. Already registered? Click here to apply to SmallBiz100. Don’t forget, it’s all completely FREE!
We can’t wait to present the SmallBiz100 2023! Make 2023 the year that you take your small business to the next level and take part in something amazing: apply now for SmallBiz100 2023.
- Inspire Series (1)
- Monday Seller Success With Ebay (8)
- Small Biz 100 (1)
- Small Business Saturday Uk Champion (2)
- Smallbiz100 (8)
- Saying cheese in Prestatyn12 Weeks Ago
- Hitting the sweet spot in Bucks and Oxon13 Weeks Ago
- Telford’s Lean Green Eco Machine13 Weeks Ago
- We all scream for ice cream14 Weeks Ago
- #SmallBiz100 Joco returns to its roots14 Weeks Ago
- Coming in from the cold in central London15 Weeks Ago
- Bitten by the bug in East Sussex15 Weeks Ago
- Still rocking in Southend on Sea4 Months Ago
- Nobody's fool4 Months Ago
- 16 years of love in Ipswich4 Months Ago
- Small businesses celebrated at the Blue Tie Ball4 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2023?9 Months Ago
- Zero to hero in Nottingham15 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: That Vintage Football Shirt15 Months Ago
- Rock on in Southend on Sea15 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Purrfect Cat Gifts15 Months Ago
- One love, one heart on Ipswich’s high street15 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Hampers by Lauren15 Months Ago
- Good graces in Bristol and Bath15 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Top Dog15 Months Ago
- Weigh to go in Northwich15 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Handpicked Penrith16 Months Ago
- Holy cow in Westmorland16 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: The game is afoot16 Months Ago
- All fired up and ready to go in Gerrards Cross16 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Meteorite Man16 Months Ago
- Dorset's Ice Cream Appreciation Society16 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success Story with eBay: Giddy Goats Toys16 Months Ago
- SmallBiz100 celebrated at the Blue Tie Event16 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2022?21 Months Ago
- From field to fork – making the most of Cheshire’s local produce3 Years Ago
- Sustainable living with BLANC3 Years Ago
- Pizza power3 Years Ago
- In the good books3 Years Ago
- From babygrows to beer kits3 Years Ago
- Smile and say cheese3 Years Ago
- The perfect planner for when you didn’t plan for this3 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2021?3 Years Ago
- Feeling lighter than air at The Float Spa4 Years Ago
- At the cutting edge of local community4 Years Ago
- Sewing the seeds of success in Scotland4 Years Ago
- Joco's leap of faith pays off4 Years Ago
- No messing around! How Tom Foolery Coffee Company pivoted during the pandemic4 Years Ago
- How Mandira’s Kitchen has its eye on spicing up your freezer4 Years Ago
- Wild about keeping it local and healthy in Bristol4 Years Ago
- Award winning small business announced at Blue Tie celebration4 Years Ago
- Free leadership training for SME leaders delivered by leading Business Schools4 Years Ago
- Six things you can do in your business right now4 Years Ago
- How can my employees return to work safely and legally after Covid-19?4 Years Ago
- What is it really like being a #SmallBiz100? – Stamptastic spill the beans4 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2020?4 Years Ago
- Why embracing technology should be your New Year resolution4 Years Ago
- Starting a new business: financial tips for start ups5 Years Ago
- A helpful guide to data protection for small businesses5 Years Ago
- From architect to artisan at the Dumfries Larder5 Years Ago
- Putting down new Roots in Abergele5 Years Ago
- How Amazon is helping one woman tackle taboos and period poverty5 Years Ago
- Creating a community: What it means to be a small business5 Years Ago
- Building an enabling bridge, brick by brick5 Years Ago
- Get ready to rock with Rockit5 Years Ago
- How to create an event for Small Business Saturday UK5 Years Ago
- Jampacked with passion: the local cinema that’s giving back5 Years Ago
- Celebrating the North East’s cycle stars5 Years Ago
- Don’t know what to write about? 9 ideas for your next business newsletter, blog or social media post5 Years Ago
- Take a butcher’s at the first of the #SmallBiz100 20195 Years Ago
- 7 essential growth tips that small businesses need to know5 Years Ago
- Making a great first impression: photography & small business5 Years Ago
- Strength in numbers5 Years Ago
- How to choose the right pricing strategy for your business5 Years Ago
- How taking matters into her own hands led to huge success for Revival Retro5 Years Ago
- 5 content ideas every small business needs5 Years Ago
- The Flour Pot Bakery's secret to success5 Years Ago
- How to harness the power of Instagram and drive your business forward - the GB Labels way5 Years Ago
- Making Tax Digital is here! What does it mean for your business?5 Years Ago
- How we should champion success for International Women's Day5 Years Ago
- Step aside Mystery Shopper scheme - hello new Public Procurement Review Service!5 Years Ago
- The top three causes of entrepreneur burnout and how to avoid it5 Years Ago
- Get a great digital ad for your business for just £50, and help tomorrow’s entrepreneurs learn with iDEA!5 Years Ago
- Badge Your Brilliance with iDEA5 Years Ago
- How to make your Christmas the most successful yet!6 Years Ago
- Life in the fast Laine6 Years Ago
- Small businesses shine at launch of Silver iDEA Award St James's Palace6 Years Ago
- Local and sustainable is winning formula for SmallBiz100 Hays Hampers6 Years Ago
- Red Herring Games – Case Study6 Years Ago
- Keeping Up With The Tylers: How To Move With The Times6 Years Ago
- Making our own kind of music at the Blue Tie Ball6 Years Ago
- How to guest blog (and look like you know what you’re doing)6 Years Ago
- How to market your small business on a budget6 Years Ago
- Top summer marketing tips!6 Years Ago
- Purposely: embedding purpose into the heart of your small business6 Years Ago
- A ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ for Britain’s small businesses6 Years Ago
- Five ways to make your business successful in five years!6 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Mooch revive the local high street6 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a SmallBiz100 2018?6 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Julu on design, manufacturing, and building an online business with friends6 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series From Rich Brady ... Setting Business Goals6 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Techsixtyfour on how to successfully build an online business6 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Frequently Asked Questions6 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series from Rich Brady...Putting the Family into Family Business6 Years Ago
- Exporting - not just for the big!6 Years Ago
- Can Giving Really Be Good for a Small Business? Spoiler: Yes!6 Years Ago
- Let's get organised....6 Years Ago
- Is your business leaking money?6 Years Ago
- Podcasting - The Ultimate How-To Guide - Part 26 Years Ago
- Setting BIG goals – why do it and how to go about it6 Years Ago
- International Women's Day 20186 Years Ago
- 9 tips for Business Success - it's all about love.6 Years Ago
- Demystifying LinkedIn for Small Businesses6 Years Ago
- 10 Top Money Tips for Small Businesses6 Years Ago
- Organising a Small Business Event - Tips from the Experts6 Years Ago
- 12 Top Tips for Micro-businesses6 Years Ago
- ACCA on board the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour7 Years Ago
- Is Britain Becoming a Cashless Society?7 Years Ago
- Small Business Spotlight - How Technology Can Help Small Businesses7 Years Ago
- Taking Your Business Beyond the High Street7 Years Ago
- 5 Ideas to Improve your Time Management7 Years Ago
- The Small Business Saturday Bus Tour launches across the UK for its fifth year!7 Years Ago
- Making the most of Small Business Saturday8 Years Ago
- Why I applied to Small Biz 100: Crafty Revolution tells all9 Years Ago