Small Business Saturday Blog
Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2020?
Thursday, May 28 at 22:08
This year has been a difficult one for everyone, and small businesses are no exception – and that’s why there’s never been a better time to make the most of the support, networking and promotional opportunities that being a SmallBiz100 provides. Applications for SmallBiz100 2020 will open on Monday, 1st June. If you've been wondering whether it's for you, read on to find out more.
First things first – what is the SmallBiz100?
In a nutshell, we choose 100 brilliant small businesses and promote one every day in the run up to Small Business Saturday, which takes place in December. It’s a great opportunity to showcase your small business and raise awareness both locally and nationally. On your allocated day, your business will be promoted across Small Business Saturday’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, making it a fantastic way to make a big impact. At the current time, with online sales increasingly taking a front seat, it can give you a huge boost and take your business to the next level.
Outside of your allocated day, there are plenty of PR opportunities within the media. Local press love to get involved and feature local businesses which have been selected to join SmallBiz100, and Small Business Saturday will support you all the way by preparing press releases for your local papers. It doesn’t end after your day is over either – we’re always thrilled to share good news from our former SmallBiz100 businesses.
Why apply to take part?
When we speak to our previous SmallBiz100 participants, the one benefit which comes up time and time again is the support network which it provides. Running your own small business can be lonely at times, and it can be hard to know where to turn for help and advice from those who really know what you’re experiencing – especially at times as unprecedented as these. Taking part in SmallBiz100 provides you with a fantastic community and a ready-made support network of small businesses just like yours, all at different stages of growth. You’ll get access to a private alumni Facebook group for sharing tips, asking for advice, providing support and celebrating your success.
There are also plenty of opportunities to collaborate, with other small businesses who have been there and done that sharing their experiences.
Whatever your experience has been in 2020 – whether you’ve had to reimagine your business to fit the new world we find ourselves in, whether you’ve had to shut up shop temporarily to protect your staff and yourselves, or whether you’ve tapped into a whole new market – it provides a unique opportunity to drive your business forward.
What if I’ve had to close my business temporarily due to Covid-19? Can I still apply?
Absolutely YES! We recognise that 2020 has come with a huge range of challenges, most of which none of us have ever had to face before, and we’re doing our best to support small businesses through these uncharted waters.
When it comes to the #SmallBiz100, what we’re interested in is the story of your small business: what makes it tick? How does it fit in to your local community? What makes it special?
Even if you feel that your business is not yet ready for SmallBiz100 or you’re not selected as part of the 100, there are still numerous benefits to getting involved. Simply registering with Small Business Saturday can improve your business’s visibility, making you searchable via the Small Business Saturday app and via the business finder on the Small Business Saturday website, which is regularly promoted across social media. It’s also a great place to promote special offers, and to pick up tips and advice from other small businesses via our blog.
All this and taking part is completely free! Sounds good? Applying to take part in SmallBiz100 2020 is quick and easy – just click here to register and start your journey. Already registered? Click here to apply to SmallBiz100.
We can’t wait to present the SmallBiz100 2020! Make 2020 the year that you take your small business to the next level and take part in something amazing: apply now for SmallBiz100 2020.
- Zero to hero in Nottingham8 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: That Vintage Football Shirt8 Weeks Ago
- Rock on in Southend on Sea9 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Purrfect Cat Gifts9 Weeks Ago
- One love, one heart on Ipswich’s high street10 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Hampers by Lauren10 Weeks Ago
- Good graces in Bristol and Bath11 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Top Dog11 Weeks Ago
- Weigh to go in Northwich12 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Handpicked Penrith12 Weeks Ago
- Holy cow in Westmorland13 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: The game is afoot13 Weeks Ago
- All fired up and ready to go in Gerrards Cross14 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Meteorite Man14 Weeks Ago
- Dorset's Ice Cream Appreciation Society15 Weeks Ago
- Monday Seller Success Story with eBay: Giddy Goats Toys15 Weeks Ago
- SmallBiz100 celebrated at the Blue Tie Event16 Weeks Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2022?8 Months Ago
- From field to fork – making the most of Cheshire’s local produce13 Months Ago
- Sustainable living with BLANC14 Months Ago
- Pizza power14 Months Ago
- In the good books14 Months Ago
- From babygrows to beer kits14 Months Ago
- Smile and say cheese15 Months Ago
- The perfect planner for when you didn’t plan for this16 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2021?19 Months Ago
- Feeling lighter than air at The Float Spa3 Years Ago
- At the cutting edge of local community3 Years Ago
- Sewing the seeds of success in Scotland3 Years Ago
- Joco's leap of faith pays off3 Years Ago
- No messing around! How Tom Foolery Coffee Company pivoted during the pandemic3 Years Ago
- How Mandira’s Kitchen has its eye on spicing up your freezer3 Years Ago
- Wild about keeping it local and healthy in Bristol3 Years Ago
- Award winning small business announced at Blue Tie celebration3 Years Ago
- Free leadership training for SME leaders delivered by leading Business Schools3 Years Ago
- Six things you can do in your business right now3 Years Ago
- How can my employees return to work safely and legally after Covid-19?3 Years Ago
- What is it really like being a #SmallBiz100? – Stamptastic spill the beans3 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2020?3 Years Ago
- Why embracing technology should be your New Year resolution3 Years Ago
- Starting a new business: financial tips for start ups4 Years Ago
- Top 10 security tips for small businesses storing personal data4 Years Ago
- From architect to artisan at the Dumfries Larder4 Years Ago
- Putting down new Roots in Abergele4 Years Ago
- How Amazon is helping one woman tackle taboos and period poverty4 Years Ago
- Creating a community: What it means to be a small business4 Years Ago
- Building an enabling bridge, brick by brick4 Years Ago
- Get ready to rock with Rockit4 Years Ago
- How to create an event for Small Business Saturday UK4 Years Ago
- Jampacked with passion: the local cinema that’s giving back4 Years Ago
- Celebrating the North East’s cycle stars4 Years Ago
- Don’t know what to write about? 9 ideas for your next business newsletter, blog or social media post4 Years Ago
- Take a butcher’s at the first of the #SmallBiz100 20194 Years Ago
- 7 essential growth tips that small businesses need to know4 Years Ago
- Making a great first impression: photography & small business4 Years Ago
- Strength in numbers4 Years Ago
- How to choose the right pricing strategy for your business4 Years Ago
- How taking matters into her own hands led to huge success for Revival Retro4 Years Ago
- 5 content ideas every small business needs4 Years Ago
- The Flour Pot Bakery's secret to success4 Years Ago
- How to harness the power of Instagram and drive your business forward - the GB Labels way4 Years Ago
- Making Tax Digital is here! What does it mean for your business?4 Years Ago
- How we should champion success for International Women's Day4 Years Ago
- Step aside Mystery Shopper scheme - hello new Public Procurement Review Service!4 Years Ago
- The top three causes of entrepreneur burnout and how to avoid it4 Years Ago
- Get a great digital ad for your business for just £50, and help tomorrow’s entrepreneurs learn with iDEA!4 Years Ago
- Badge Your Brilliance with iDEA4 Years Ago
- How to make your Christmas the most successful yet!5 Years Ago
- Life in the fast Laine5 Years Ago
- Small businesses shine at launch of Silver iDEA Award St James's Palace5 Years Ago
- Local and sustainable is winning formula for SmallBiz100 Hays Hampers5 Years Ago
- Red Herring Games – Case Study5 Years Ago
- Keeping Up With The Tylers: How To Move With The Times5 Years Ago
- Making our own kind of music at the Blue Tie Ball5 Years Ago
- How to guest blog (and look like you know what you’re doing)5 Years Ago
- How to market your small business on a budget5 Years Ago
- Top summer marketing tips!5 Years Ago
- Purposely: embedding purpose into the heart of your small business5 Years Ago
- A ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ for Britain’s small businesses5 Years Ago
- Five ways to make your business successful in five years!5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Mooch revive the local high street5 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a SmallBiz100 2018?5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Julu on design, manufacturing, and building an online business with friends5 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series From Rich Brady ... Setting Business Goals5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Techsixtyfour on how to successfully build an online business5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Frequently Asked Questions5 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series from Rich Brady...Putting the Family into Family Business5 Years Ago
- Exporting - not just for the big!5 Years Ago
- Can Giving Really Be Good for a Small Business? Spoiler: Yes!5 Years Ago
- Let's get organised....5 Years Ago
- Is your business leaking money?5 Years Ago
- Podcasting - The Ultimate How-To Guide - Part 25 Years Ago
- Setting BIG goals – why do it and how to go about it5 Years Ago
- International Women's Day 20185 Years Ago
- 9 tips for Business Success - it's all about love.5 Years Ago
- Demystifying LinkedIn for Small Businesses5 Years Ago
- 10 Top Money Tips for Small Businesses5 Years Ago
- Organising a Small Business Event - Tips from the Experts5 Years Ago
- 12 Top Tips for Micro-businesses5 Years Ago
- ACCA on board the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour6 Years Ago
- Is Britain Becoming a Cashless Society?6 Years Ago
- Small Business Spotlight - How Technology Can Help Small Businesses6 Years Ago
- Taking Your Business Beyond the High Street6 Years Ago
- 5 Ideas to Improve your Time Management6 Years Ago
- The Small Business Saturday Bus Tour launches across the UK for its fifth year!6 Years Ago
- Making the most of Small Business Saturday7 Years Ago
- Why I applied to Small Biz 100: Crafty Revolution tells all8 Years Ago