New Car Deals is 5 years old!
Thursday, October 05 at 09:00
Our second business that has turned 5 this year is New Car Deals - We spoke to Nancy and Paul Thorley who own the business.
- What does it means to be turning five?
It feels like a real milestone for New Car Deals to be turning five. Time has flown and it's great to look back from where we came from with a sense of achievement. We are excited to put into practice what we have learnt the last five years and see where the next five years can take us!
- What have you learnt in the last 5 years?We have learnt a lot about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses and how best to work together. I have learnt that the most important part of any business is good staff who feel part of the business and care about your customers. When you run a business you have to have the confidence to take risks, even if they don't always pay off. You also can never plan too much, have too many spreadsheets or write too many lists!- What are your goals for the next 5 years?We plan to expand our van business and introduce specialised commercial vehicles.We have an exciting new website and rebrand in the pipeline which will go hand in hand with further growth of our team and a move to larger offices.With the increase in personal leasing and customer awareness we plan to open a few small easily accessible and visible agent style shops/offices with a focus on personal leasing and interactively advertising our service, which can save people lots of money compared to walking into a local dealer. Whilst more and more people are confident dealing with high ticket purchases online and over the phone, there are always people who feel more comfortable putting a face to a business they are trusting with such an important purchase as their car.There are lots of exciting things to come!- What has been the single most helpful thing to you (advice, support, finance, etc) over your business life so far?This has to be the importance of finding and keeping great staff who are loyal to your business. Obviously this costs you more money and time, but the rewards you get are tenfold. Staff who feel appreciated work harder and stay with you longer, retaining experience and training, and most importantly provide a continuous and reliable service to your customers.
New Car Deals is a family run business, based in Horbury, close to the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire. They offer a very friendly, efficient and professional service to their clients and take great pride in looking after all of their clients both before, during and after any sale.
Interested in writing a Blog Post for Small Business Saturday? Here are our guidelines.
- How to get your side hustle off the ground without giving up the day job.13 Months Ago
- Shining a Light on the Success of Shearer Candles.16 Months Ago
- We caught up 2016 Small Biz 100 Lavolio!16 Months Ago
- KTD Surveying - Celebrating 5 years of business16 Months Ago
- 5 years of Film - Wild Film17 Months Ago
- New Car Deals is 5 years old!17 Months Ago
- Our first 5 year old Business is.... Tillycroy Support Services!18 Months Ago
- Rose and Olive increase sales and bookings!21 Months Ago
- Stripes Fashion connects with customers21 Months Ago
- Cakes with Faces promotes the Small Business Saturday message21 Months Ago
- Whitstable Produce Store celebrate their 3rd birthday in style21 Months Ago
- Kit & Caboodle feel the Small Business Saturday love!21 Months Ago
- Dandylion Teas look back on Small Business Saturday21 Months Ago
- Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet get into the groove!21 Months Ago
- Spice Kitchen notice the difference with Small Business Saturday21 Months Ago
- Small Business Saturday 2015 - Stoke Climsland Village Market, Cornwall4 Years Ago
- Burton's small business Conga Celebration On Small Business Saturday UK 20154 Years Ago
- Enfield4 Years Ago
- Grantham4 Years Ago
- Maidenhead4 Years Ago
- Barnard Castle - Chocolate Fayre4 Years Ago
- Mossley - Complete Forensics4 Years Ago
- York4 Years Ago
- Putney, SW London4 Years Ago
- Miscellaneous4 Years Ago
- Tower Hamlets4 Years Ago
- Wrexham4 Years Ago
- Love from Indie Street in Edinburgh4 Years Ago