New Car Deals is 5 years old!
Thursday, October 05 at 09:00
Our second business that has turned 5 this year is New Car Deals - We spoke to Nancy and Paul Thorley who own the business.
- What does it means to be turning five?
It feels like a real milestone for New Car Deals to be turning five. Time has flown and it's great to look back from where we came from with a sense of achievement. We are excited to put into practice what we have learnt the last five years and see where the next five years can take us!
- What have you learnt in the last 5 years?We have learnt a lot about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses and how best to work together. I have learnt that the most important part of any business is good staff who feel part of the business and care about your customers. When you run a business you have to have the confidence to take risks, even if they don't always pay off. You also can never plan too much, have too many spreadsheets or write too many lists!- What are your goals for the next 5 years?We plan to expand our van business and introduce specialised commercial vehicles.We have an exciting new website and rebrand in the pipeline which will go hand in hand with further growth of our team and a move to larger offices.With the increase in personal leasing and customer awareness we plan to open a few small easily accessible and visible agent style shops/offices with a focus on personal leasing and interactively advertising our service, which can save people lots of money compared to walking into a local dealer. Whilst more and more people are confident dealing with high ticket purchases online and over the phone, there are always people who feel more comfortable putting a face to a business they are trusting with such an important purchase as their car.There are lots of exciting things to come!- What has been the single most helpful thing to you (advice, support, finance, etc) over your business life so far?This has to be the importance of finding and keeping great staff who are loyal to your business. Obviously this costs you more money and time, but the rewards you get are tenfold. Staff who feel appreciated work harder and stay with you longer, retaining experience and training, and most importantly provide a continuous and reliable service to your customers.
New Car Deals is a family run business, based in Horbury, close to the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire. They offer a very friendly, efficient and professional service to their clients and take great pride in looking after all of their clients both before, during and after any sale.
Interested in writing a Blog Post for Small Business Saturday? Here are our guidelines.
- How to get your side hustle off the ground without giving up the day job.4 Years Ago
- Shining a Light on the Success of Shearer Candles.5 Years Ago
- We caught up 2016 Small Biz 100 Lavolio!5 Years Ago
- KTD Surveying - Celebrating 5 years of business5 Years Ago
- 5 years of Film - Wild Film5 Years Ago
- New Car Deals is 5 years old!5 Years Ago
- Our first 5 year old Business is.... Tillycroy Support Services!5 Years Ago
- Rose and Olive increase sales and bookings!5 Years Ago
- Stripes Fashion connects with customers5 Years Ago
- Cakes with Faces promotes the Small Business Saturday message5 Years Ago
- Whitstable Produce Store celebrate their 3rd birthday in style5 Years Ago
- Kit & Caboodle feel the Small Business Saturday love!5 Years Ago
- Dandylion Teas look back on Small Business Saturday5 Years Ago
- Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet get into the groove!5 Years Ago
- Spice Kitchen notice the difference with Small Business Saturday5 Years Ago
- Small Business Saturday 2015 - Stoke Climsland Village Market, Cornwall7 Years Ago
- Burton's small business Conga Celebration On Small Business Saturday UK 20157 Years Ago
- Enfield7 Years Ago
- Grantham7 Years Ago
- Maidenhead7 Years Ago
- Barnard Castle - Chocolate Fayre7 Years Ago
- Mossley - Complete Forensics7 Years Ago
- York7 Years Ago
- Putney, SW London7 Years Ago
- Miscellaneous7 Years Ago
- Tower Hamlets7 Years Ago
- Wrexham7 Years Ago
- Love from Indie Street in Edinburgh7 Years Ago