New Car Deals is 5 years old!
Thursday, October 05, 2017 at 09:00
Our second business that has turned 5 this year is New Car Deals - We spoke to Nancy and Paul Thorley who own the business.
- What does it means to be turningfive?
It feels like areal milestone for New Car Deals to be turning five. Time has flown and it'sgreat to look back from where we came from with a sense of achievement. We areexcited to put into practice what we have learnt the last five years and seewhere the next five years can take us!
- What have you learnt in the last 5 years?We have learnta lot about ourselves, our strengths and weaknesses and how best to worktogether. I have learntthat the most important part of any business is good staff who feel part of thebusiness and care about your customers. When you run abusiness you have to have the confidence to take risks, even if they don'talways pay off. You also cannever plan too much, have too many spreadsheets or write too many lists!- What are your goals for the next 5 years?We plan toexpand our van business and introduce specialised commercial vehicles.We have anexciting new website and rebrand in the pipeline which will go hand in handwith further growth of our team and a move to larger offices.With theincrease in personal leasing and customer awareness we plan to open a few smalleasily accessible and visible agent style shops/offices with a focus onpersonal leasing and interactively advertising our service, which can savepeople lots of money compared to walking into a local dealer. Whilst more andmore people are confident dealing with high ticket purchases online and overthe phone, there are always people who feel more comfortable putting a face toa business they are trusting with such an important purchase as their car.There are lotsof exciting things to come!- What has been the single most helpful thing to you(advice, support, finance, etc) over your business life so far?This has to bethe importance of finding and keeping great staff who are loyal to yourbusiness. Obviously this costs you more money and time, but the rewards you getare tenfold. Staff who feel appreciated work harder and stay with you longer,retaining experience and training, and most importantly provide a continuousand reliable service to your customers.
New Car Deals is a family run business, based in Horbury, close to the city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire. They offer a very friendly, efficient and professional service to their clients and take great pride in looking after all of their clients both before, during and after any sale.
- How to get your side hustle off the ground without giving up the day job.5 Years Ago
- Shining a Light on the Success of Shearer Candles.6 Years Ago
- We caught up 2016 Small Biz 100 Lavolio!6 Years Ago
- KTD Surveying - Celebrating 5 years of business6 Years Ago
- 5 years of Film - Wild Film6 Years Ago
- New Car Deals is 5 years old!6 Years Ago
- Our first 5 year old Business is.... Tillycroy Support Services!6 Years Ago
- Rose and Olive increase sales and bookings!6 Years Ago
- Stripes Fashion connects with customers6 Years Ago
- Cakes with Faces promotes the Small Business Saturday message6 Years Ago
- Whitstable Produce Store celebrate their 3rd birthday in style6 Years Ago
- Kit & Caboodle feel the Small Business Saturday love!6 Years Ago
- Dandylion Teas look back on Small Business Saturday6 Years Ago
- Haven't Stopped Dancing Yet get into the groove!6 Years Ago
- Spice Kitchen notice the difference with Small Business Saturday6 Years Ago
- Small Business Saturday 2015 - Stoke Climsland Village Market, Cornwall8 Years Ago
- Burton's small business Conga Celebration On Small Business Saturday UK 20158 Years Ago
- Enfield8 Years Ago
- Grantham8 Years Ago
- Maidenhead8 Years Ago
- York8 Years Ago
- Putney, SW London8 Years Ago
- Love from Indie Street in Edinburgh8 Years Ago