Small Business Saturday Blog
SmallBiz100 Frequently Asked Questions
Thursday, June 07, 2018 at 09:40
We are delighted to have once again openedapplications for the Small Biz 100! It’s a unique opportunity for you tocelebrate and promote your small business, to learn from other small businessowners, and to join our growing Small Biz 100 alumni family.
Here are someanswers to common questions about the Small Biz 100.
What is the Small Biz 100?
Small BusinessSaturday chooses 100 amazing small businesses from the thousands ofapplications we receive, and then highlight one small business every day forthe 100 days leading up to Small Business Saturday on 1st December 2018. The100 receive exposure on our social media channels and in local and nationalpress, and also have the opportunity to meet and work with other smallbusinesses, creating a valuable network and support system.
Who can apply to be in Small Biz 100?
Any kind of smallbusiness based in the UK can apply, whether it's retail or online, professionalservices to personal training.
When and how can I apply?
Applicationsopened on 1st June and will close on 30th June. Successful applicants will benotified by email in August. Click here to start the application process.
I get an error message when I try toregister with my email address.
Please make surethat your email address is right (it's happened to all of us!) and that youhave both read the T&Cs and checked the little box to say you are happywith them.
If it's still notworking, please send a screen shot of the error toco[email protected] and we will help you from there.
I registered with my email address butdidn't receive an email.
Please check yourspam folders – it's quite likely that we're hiding in there. If it's been acouple of hours and you haven't received an email, please let us know via [email protected].
I can't log in with the email address andpassword that I used to register.
Please ensureyour password is correct. Our password system is case sensitive.
I finished my application to be in SmallBiz 100, but want to change something. Is this possible?
Yes - you can change your application right up to the deadline at midnight on the 30th June.
What is My Small Business Finder?
My Small BusinessFinder is a tool for consumers and small businesses to use on Small BusinessSaturday and the run up to it which will enable you to enter a postcode and seethe small businesses in that area. It is available on the campaign website and mobile app (do make sure you have downloaded the app to find great small businesses in your area!).
In addition, itwill also allow you, as a small business, to enter a promotion, deal or offeravailable to celebrate Small Business Saturday. It's just our way of trying toconnect more customers with small businesses, and of course more smallbusinesses getting to know each other. Nearer the time, we will let all ournetworks know via social media when they should be thinking about My SmallBusiness Finder.
Ready to begin? Clickhere to start your application. Please notethat if you aren’t already registered with Small Business Saturday, you’ll needto register before you start (it only takes a minute). Once you’ve registered,you can complete the application process – look out for our blog post comingsoon that will talk you through it. Good luck!
- Inspire Series (1)
- Monday Seller Success With Ebay (8)
- Small Biz 100 (1)
- Small Business Saturday Uk Champion (2)
- Smallbiz100 (8)
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2023?5 Days Ago
- Zero to hero in Nottingham7 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: That Vintage Football Shirt7 Months Ago
- Rock on in Southend on Sea7 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Purrfect Cat Gifts7 Months Ago
- One love, one heart on Ipswich’s high street7 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Hampers by Lauren7 Months Ago
- Good graces in Bristol and Bath7 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Top Dog7 Months Ago
- Weigh to go in Northwich7 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Handpicked Penrith8 Months Ago
- Holy cow in Westmorland8 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: The game is afoot8 Months Ago
- All fired up and ready to go in Gerrards Cross8 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success with eBay: Meteorite Man8 Months Ago
- Dorset's Ice Cream Appreciation Society8 Months Ago
- Monday Seller Success Story with eBay: Giddy Goats Toys8 Months Ago
- SmallBiz100 celebrated at the Blue Tie Event8 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2022?13 Months Ago
- From field to fork – making the most of Cheshire’s local produce18 Months Ago
- Sustainable living with BLANC19 Months Ago
- Pizza power19 Months Ago
- In the good books19 Months Ago
- From babygrows to beer kits19 Months Ago
- Smile and say cheese20 Months Ago
- The perfect planner for when you didn’t plan for this21 Months Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2021?2 Years Ago
- Feeling lighter than air at The Float Spa3 Years Ago
- At the cutting edge of local community3 Years Ago
- Sewing the seeds of success in Scotland3 Years Ago
- Joco's leap of faith pays off3 Years Ago
- No messing around! How Tom Foolery Coffee Company pivoted during the pandemic3 Years Ago
- How Mandira’s Kitchen has its eye on spicing up your freezer3 Years Ago
- Wild about keeping it local and healthy in Bristol3 Years Ago
- Award winning small business announced at Blue Tie celebration3 Years Ago
- Free leadership training for SME leaders delivered by leading Business Schools3 Years Ago
- Six things you can do in your business right now3 Years Ago
- How can my employees return to work safely and legally after Covid-19?3 Years Ago
- What is it really like being a #SmallBiz100? – Stamptastic spill the beans3 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a #SmallBiz100 2020?3 Years Ago
- Why embracing technology should be your New Year resolution3 Years Ago
- Starting a new business: financial tips for start ups4 Years Ago
- Top 10 security tips for small businesses storing personal data4 Years Ago
- From architect to artisan at the Dumfries Larder4 Years Ago
- Putting down new Roots in Abergele4 Years Ago
- How Amazon is helping one woman tackle taboos and period poverty4 Years Ago
- Creating a community: What it means to be a small business4 Years Ago
- Building an enabling bridge, brick by brick4 Years Ago
- Get ready to rock with Rockit4 Years Ago
- How to create an event for Small Business Saturday UK4 Years Ago
- Jampacked with passion: the local cinema that’s giving back4 Years Ago
- Celebrating the North East’s cycle stars4 Years Ago
- Don’t know what to write about? 9 ideas for your next business newsletter, blog or social media post4 Years Ago
- Take a butcher’s at the first of the #SmallBiz100 20194 Years Ago
- 7 essential growth tips that small businesses need to know4 Years Ago
- Making a great first impression: photography & small business4 Years Ago
- Strength in numbers4 Years Ago
- How to choose the right pricing strategy for your business4 Years Ago
- How taking matters into her own hands led to huge success for Revival Retro4 Years Ago
- 5 content ideas every small business needs4 Years Ago
- The Flour Pot Bakery's secret to success4 Years Ago
- How to harness the power of Instagram and drive your business forward - the GB Labels way4 Years Ago
- Making Tax Digital is here! What does it mean for your business?4 Years Ago
- How we should champion success for International Women's Day4 Years Ago
- Step aside Mystery Shopper scheme - hello new Public Procurement Review Service!4 Years Ago
- The top three causes of entrepreneur burnout and how to avoid it4 Years Ago
- Get a great digital ad for your business for just £50, and help tomorrow’s entrepreneurs learn with iDEA!4 Years Ago
- Badge Your Brilliance with iDEA4 Years Ago
- How to make your Christmas the most successful yet!5 Years Ago
- Life in the fast Laine5 Years Ago
- Small businesses shine at launch of Silver iDEA Award St James's Palace5 Years Ago
- Local and sustainable is winning formula for SmallBiz100 Hays Hampers5 Years Ago
- Red Herring Games – Case Study5 Years Ago
- Keeping Up With The Tylers: How To Move With The Times5 Years Ago
- Making our own kind of music at the Blue Tie Ball5 Years Ago
- How to guest blog (and look like you know what you’re doing)5 Years Ago
- How to market your small business on a budget5 Years Ago
- Top summer marketing tips!5 Years Ago
- Purposely: embedding purpose into the heart of your small business5 Years Ago
- A ‘Dog Day Afternoon’ for Britain’s small businesses5 Years Ago
- Five ways to make your business successful in five years!5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Mooch revive the local high street5 Years Ago
- Why apply to be a SmallBiz100 2018?5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Julu on design, manufacturing, and building an online business with friends5 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series From Rich Brady ... Setting Business Goals5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Techsixtyfour on how to successfully build an online business5 Years Ago
- SmallBiz100 Frequently Asked Questions5 Years Ago
- Small Business Champion Series from Rich Brady...Putting the Family into Family Business5 Years Ago
- Exporting - not just for the big!5 Years Ago
- Can Giving Really Be Good for a Small Business? Spoiler: Yes!5 Years Ago
- Let's get organised....5 Years Ago
- Is your business leaking money?5 Years Ago
- Podcasting - The Ultimate How-To Guide - Part 25 Years Ago
- Setting BIG goals – why do it and how to go about it5 Years Ago
- International Women's Day 20185 Years Ago
- 9 tips for Business Success - it's all about love.5 Years Ago
- Demystifying LinkedIn for Small Businesses5 Years Ago
- 10 Top Money Tips for Small Businesses5 Years Ago
- Organising a Small Business Event - Tips from the Experts5 Years Ago
- 12 Top Tips for Micro-businesses5 Years Ago
- ACCA on board the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour6 Years Ago
- Is Britain Becoming a Cashless Society?6 Years Ago
- Small Business Spotlight - How Technology Can Help Small Businesses6 Years Ago
- Taking Your Business Beyond the High Street6 Years Ago
- 5 Ideas to Improve your Time Management6 Years Ago
- The Small Business Saturday Bus Tour launches across the UK for its fifth year!6 Years Ago
- Making the most of Small Business Saturday7 Years Ago
- Why I applied to Small Biz 100: Crafty Revolution tells all8 Years Ago